Portable Document Format files are very popular due to their convenience. They are easy to share and work with. However, conventional PDFs are rather dull and do not respond to the user’s input online: people can only download but not read them on the Web. Fortunately, modern technology allows you to create interactive PDF that people can read online even if you do not have any technical knowledge. So long as you can use a computer and the Internet, the power is in your hands to create stunning ePapers in a few simple steps, thanks to Yumpu. Here is what you need to do.
Sign up in less than 1 Minute
1. Visit Yumpu Publishing, the site that allows you to create Interactive PDFs quickly and easily
2. On the upper part of the homepage, you will see these words prominently displayed: “Upload your PDF here:”
3. Click on the “Browse” button and select the PDF file you want to upload. The file will start uploading automatically even if you do not click on the “Next” button.
4. Wait for the PDF file to complete uploading. The time it will take will depend on the size of the file and speed of your Internet connection.
5. Log in to your Yumpu.com account or create a new one if you have not yet signed up. Alternatively, you may sign in with your Google, Facebook or Twitter account.
6. If you choose to create a new account, you will provide your e-mail address to confirm and upload your document. An e-mail will be sent with a link to activate your account by creating your desired username and password.
7. Add a title for your ePaper and click the “Next” button. The screen will display the message: “Generating your magazine.”
8. In your account, you will view the rendering progress under the “Magazines in progress” section in the “Overview” tab.
9. After that, you will see it under the “Recently created magazines” section. Click on it to view it online.
10. The flippable PDF will and appear, and you can click on it to start reading. The pages will open interactively as you click the “next” and “previous” buttons.
The conversion process extracts and preserves all data in your original PDF file, whether they are images or links.
Create Interactive PDF Search Engine Friendly
You can edit your ePaper in your account under “Document Manager.” You can add different details that will help users locate your interactive PDF online, from changing your title to adding description and tags. Yumpu has SEO features to increase attendance to your interactive PDFs.
Yumpu Publishing is intelligent enough to automatically perform some important tasks on your behalf. For example, it will automatically generate relevant tags depending on the content of your interactive PDF file. However, this does not mean that you cannot enter your own tags if you want more than the ones already included. It is also a good idea to place your ePaper in the relevant category.
Make Even More Tweaks
Depending on your subscription, you can tweak your interactive PDF even more under “Magazine Settings.” The things you can set include:
• The validity of your magazine
• Its visibility status, be it private, protected or published
• Page teaser
• Download magazine
• Blurred magazine
You may also adjust the player settings, including downloading PDF, printing page, social sharing, branding, displaying sidebar and activating HTML5 full screen, all in Yumpu player. If you revise your original PDF file, you can as well upload the revised version. In addition, you can embed the ePaper on your website so your visitors can access it directly.
Yumpu.com gives you the simplest and most efficient way of turning your static PDF files into interactive PDFs that people can read online. You do not have any reason for not having your own magazine on the Web. Creating your ePaper is at your fingertips. The process itself takes only four steps to complete.